With Walk-Talk Therapy, the client receives the benefits from mental health therapy, while at the same time receiving the benefits of physical exercise; a powerful two-in-one treatment. “Research has consistently shown that exercise can significantly improve anxiety, stress and overall mood. Walking is not only good for physical well-being but it is also good for your mental health”. The simple act of walking and moving while talking creates an environment of possibility and change; healing and breakthrough occurs at your pace!
Many people say that Walking Talking Therapy is a more relaxed environment than the conventional counselling office. Others state that it is a great motivational tool to jump start a more active lifestyle.
Several reasons as to why Walk-Talk Therapy is such a great approach:
- It gets you moving and propels you forward – both literally and figuratively
- Walk-Talk Therapy is conducted outdoors, being in nature can be meditative and grounding
- The client can set the pace, whether you prefer a meditative, relaxing pace or a more active, fast pace; we simply match your pace
- Physical activity can enhance mental and physical health. It has also shown to reduce levels of depression and anxiety
- Walking releases endorphins, the ‘feel good hormone’
- It gives you a chance to experience fresh air and to be in nature
Walk-Talk Therapy sessions are conducted exactly the same way with respect to processing challenges and concerns, discuss relationship worries, work through recovery and address goals, the only difference is that the client and counsellor walk outdoors, side by side, sharing each step and each word.
Our initial consultation will take place in the therapy room with further sessions scheduled to take place outdoors, weather permitting.
I conduct my Walk-Talk Therapy from my therapy rooms in Llandrindod Wells, Leominster and Brecon, taking in the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Together, we will take the steps to move forward on your goals…