A phobia is an abnormal fear of an object or situation which is experienced when someone is immediately confronted by the object or situation. Phobias can dramatically change your life style, some people avoid situations, like flying, certain places, meeting people, having relationships or anything that they believe will place them in a conflict situation with their particular phobia. At aspired therapies, we can find the causal event and help you remove the fear associated with it.
The thoughts, images and messages we have created in our minds can cause these abreactions. People can have phobias about anything, such as:-
- Acrophobia – fear of heights
- Agoraphobia – fear of open spaces
- Claustrophobia – fear of confined spaces
- Aracnophobia – fear of spiders
- Glossophobia- fear ofspeaking in public
- Hydrophobia- fear of water
- Nyctophobia- fear of darkness
- Scopophobia – social phobia
We use many different approaches, helping you to put your fear into perspective, so that is becomes something you are able to deal with, calmly as if it was any other normal daily event or occurrence.
“Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.”